Easy Creole Turkey Rub
This is a simple and fantastic creole turkey rub with just the right amount of heat. While this rub is meant for turkey, you can use it on all types of poultry. Give this flavorful rub a try and you won't be disappointed. This recipe makes enough rub for a 18-20 pound turkey. Decrease ingredients by half if cooking a smaller bird.Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt (omit if you have brined the turkey)
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (use less if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Combine rub ingredients in a small bowl. Pat turkey dry with paper towels and apply rub evenly all over turkey, including under the breast skin. Remember to omit salt if you have already wet brined the turkey.
- If making the rub ahead of time, simply store in an airtight container in a cupboard for up to 6 months.
- Remember to discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
Calories: 115kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 5gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 13976mgPotassium: 547mgFiber: 8gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 6469IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 123mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!