Easy Creole Turkey Rub
This is a simple and fantastic turkey rub with just the right amount of heat. While this rub is meant for turkey, you can use it on all types of poultry if you wish. Give this flavorful rub a try, you won't be disappointed. This recipe is based on a 18-20 pound turkey. Decrease ingredients by half if cooking a smaller bird.
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt (omit if you have brined the turkey)
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (use less if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Combine rub ingredients in a small bowl. Pat turkey dry with paper towels and apply rub evenly all over turkey, including under the breast skin. Remember to omit salt if you have already brined the turkey.
- If making the rub ahead of time, simply store in an air tight container in a cupboard for up to 6 months.
- Remember to discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh