Easy Masala Chicken Breasts
These chicken masala spiced chicken breasts are marinated in a flavorful spice, yogurt and lime mixture, then grilled. They can be served as the main dish, or sliced and added to salads wraps or various types of curries and soups. This recipe is also perfect for health conscious folks looking to add lean protein to their diets. Furthermore, you can replace the meat entirely and use firm tofu or tempeh instead.Print Pin
Servings: 5 People
- 5 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- for marinade:
- 1 1/4 cups yogurt Whole Milk (do not use Greek style)
- 3 limes juiced
- 1/2 onion roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pelled
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and roughly chopped (choose type and heat preference)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Place marinade ingredients in a food processor and puree into a smooth mixture. Taste for salt content, made any adjustments as needed.
- Place chicken breasts into a resealable plastic bag or large glass dish. Pour marinade over top and turn to coat. Seal bag or cover dish with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for 6-12 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on the grill. Cook for 7-9 minutes per side or until internal temperature at thickest part of breast reaches 165 degrees F. Adjust heat as needed.
- Once cooked through, remove from heat and let meat rest for a few minutes. Serve whole or slice and serve with your favorite sides.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 153mg | Sodium: 878mg | Potassium: 1057mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 236IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 3mg