Add a little moisture and deliciousness to your barbecued pork butt or pork loins with this easy pork injection marinade!
There are few things more delicious than a properly cooked BBQ pork roast. Pork butts, or shoulders, are perfect cuts for low and slow cooking, but there is always a chance that the meat will dry out. Don’t fret; there is a solution by using this easy pork injection marinade.
Why use an injection marinade on pork?
An injection marinade gives the meat a little extra flavor and maintains an equal balance of moisture throughout. The key to a good marinade is to start with your favorite pork rub and then add a liquid. Make sure that any herbs used in your rub are crushed. Bulk herbs and spices can impede the injection process. If possible, crush up your rub with a mortar and pestle before adding to the marinade. Now let’s get started shall we?
Ingredients for Easy Pork Injection Marinade
- Apple cider vinegar
- White vinegar
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Hot sauce
- Spice rub (see notes section)
- Unsalted butter
How to make it
- Bring apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, broth, hot sauce, and spice rub to a simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Once the rub has dissolved into the mixture, add butter and simmer for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and let it cool completely before using.
How to use it
- To use: draw some pork injection marinade into the meat injector. Next, insert the needle 1 1/2″ into the roast. Slowly release some of the liquid, and move on to the next area.
- If some pork injection marinade spills out, wipe it away and move on.
- Wrap the roast in plastic wrap and place it into your refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Discard any remaining marinade that has come into contact with raw meat. See my video below for more tips.
Easy Pork Injection Marinade
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce add more if preferred
- 1 tablespoon spice rub see notes section below
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Bring marinade ingredients to a simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes. Once rub has dissolved into mixture, add butter and simmer for an additional minute or two.
- Remove mixture from heat and allow it to cool completely before using.
- To use, simply draw some of the mixture into the meat injector, and insert into roast in multiple spots. Discard any remaining marinade that has come into contact with raw meat.
Use this injection marinade is the perfect starting point to making great BBQ Pulled Pork.
See the Best Pork Injection Marinade Recipes for more ideas!
Need a Meat Injector?
Ofargo Marinade Injector
The Ofargo Marinade Injector is a classic style syringe. The marinade is sucked up through the needle and then pushed back into the meat. The needle on this model is large enough that it shouldn’t clog. Still, make sure that your marinade is near water thin. It is an inexpensive unit that you can purchase for around $10. It is dishwasher safe and durable enough to last for several years. The volume on this injector is small, but it will handle most jobs for a single family.
One response to “Easy Pork Injection Marinade”
I tried it and it made my pork roast the best I’ve done it 10 years