Easy Poultry Basting Sauce
Whether you have a whole chicken or turkey on the grill or rotisserie, they can both benefit from a good basting sauce. Basting keeps the bird moist and juicy as it cooks and also provides some additional flavor. Photo by: Sabrina BakshPrint Pin
Servings: 1 Cup
- 1/2 cup butter melted, (use unsalted if you've brined the bird)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons poultry rub
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Combine melted butter with wine, garlic, rub, Worcestershire sauce, and marjoram. If cooking a large bird, double the recipe.
- Start basting bird about halfway through cooking time. Do this every 10-15 minute with chicken and every 30-40 minutes with turkey, until 10-15 minutes before they are fully cooked.
- Discard any remaining baste.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 191mg | Potassium: 297mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 211IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 1mg