This Easy Poultry Basting Sauce is simply amazing! Whether you’re cooking a whole chicken or turkey on a grill or rotisserie, they will benefit from a good basting sauce. Basting keeps the bird moist and juicy as it cooks and provides additional flavor. It’s the same principle as a BBQ spritz or brisket mop but specifically made for poultry.
Easy Poultry Basting Sauce -Ingredients:
- Butter (use unsalted if you’ve brined the bird)
- Dry white wine
- All-Poultry Rub
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dried marjoram (optional)
Making and Using a Poultry Basting Sauce:
- Combine the melted butter with wine, garlic, all-purpose poultry rub, Worcestershire sauce, and marjoram. Use right away
- If cooking a large bird like a turkey, double the recipe.
- Start basting bird halfway through cooking time. Do this every 10-15 minutes with chicken and every 30-40 minutes with turkey.
- Stop basting 10-15 minutes before the bird is done.
- Discard remaining baste.
- Use this basting sauce on chicken breasts and thighs too! The buttery flavor will really make your chicken or turkey shine. Use on game hens, but do not use this basting sauce on fatty poultry like duck.
- You can also use this basting sauce as a butter bath for corn. It’s absolutely delicious!
Easy Poultry Basting Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter melted, (use unsalted if you've brined the bird)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons poultry rub
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Combine melted butter with wine, garlic, rub, Worcestershire sauce, and marjoram. If cooking a large bird, double the recipe.
- Start basting bird about halfway through cooking time. Do this every 10-15 minutes with chicken and every 30-40 minutes with turkey, until 20 minutes before reach doneness.
- Discard any remaining baste.