Succotash is a Southern staple that is the perfect side for grilled or barbecued meats. A welcome favorite at potlucks, parties, cookouts, and even on game day. Photo by: Susan Lucas HoffmanPrint Pin
Servings: 8 People
- 3 1/2 cups corn (frozen or canned)
- 1 red bell pepper large sized, seeded and finely chopped
- 14 ounces lima beans cooked or canned, and drained
- 14 ounces black eyed beans cooked or canned, and drained
- 3 green onions white and green parts separated, and sliced
- 6-8 okra sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley roughly chopped
- Heat butter in a large pot. Add white parts of green onion and garlic. Cook for 1 minute, stirring often. Add chopped bell pepper and okra. Cook over medium-low heat for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat if needed. Add remaining ingredients (except parsley) and heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove from succotash from heat and stir in parsley. Scoop out in to serving dish and garnish with remaining green onion slices.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 641mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1086IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3mg