- Three 33,000 BTU cast stainless steel burners
- 792 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 1080 square inches
- 99,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 13,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner
- Full rotissiere system included
- Complete welded 304 stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Electronic (12-volt battery) hot surface ignition
- Two interior mounted halogen lights
- Sold as propane or natural gas - convertible
- Made in the United States by R.H. Peterson Company
Full Review - Fire Magic Diamond Echelon 36-Inch Built-in Gas Grill
Fire Magic might not pop up as one of the more well-known makers of serious cooking equipment but in the outdoor kitchen market, they are a dominating force. As one of the original manufacturer's of high-end stainless steel outdoor grills, Fire Magic is both an innovator and a powerhouse. The Fire Magic Diamon Echelon 36-Inch gas grill boasts 99,000 BTUs under 720 square inches of primary grilling space. It has more than enough power for serious grilling. In fact, they offer infrared burners that can be fitted inside this grill, but they don't actually make it any more powerful. This gas grill can put a sear on a steak as well as most any of the all infrared grills out there.
The secret is in the firebox design and the serious weight of the components. The burners on this grill are heavy cast stainless steel. They will last more than a lifetime and they not only pump out the heat, they actually hold onto it, becoming a radiant heat source themselves. The burners sit under thick stainless steel flame-tamers which channel away grease and diffuse the heat for an even grilling surface. The stainless steel rod cooking grates are among the heaviest of this type on the market. This means great grill marks and efficient heat transfer.
This model comes with a full rotisserie system and spring assisted lid. There is also a digital thermometer option which allows the grill to monitor the internal temperature of the food being cooked. In fact, there are many options (which of course will add to the sale price). You can get a window in the lid so you can watch foods grill without lifting the lid and the grill comes are part of a massive collection of outdoor kitchen appliances and features. In the price range for Built-in Gas Grills between $4000 and $6000, this is the best of the best.