Fully Loaded Flat-Iron Steak Sandwiches
A delicious sandwich that combines the genius of a fully loaded baked potato with a flavorful beef sandwich. Great for any occasion, but a really nice addition to game night.
- 1 2- pound flat iron steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4-5 hoagie rolls
- 12-15 large waffle fries, baked or fried
- 4-5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, preferably sharp
- 1/3 cup prepared steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Place flat iron steak in resealable plastic bag. Combine the next nine ingredients in small bowl. The mixture should be thick and not too runny. Pour over steak, making sure it is well coated. Seal bag and allow steak to marinate for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Remove steak from bag and place onto grill. Cook for 20 minutes, turning a few times during cooking process.
- Once steak has reached the desired doneness, remove from heat and let rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing.
- To assemble: place 4-5 slices of beef onto bottom half of hoagie bun. Top with a few teaspoons of steak sauce, then 2-3 large waffle fries, sour cream, cheese, bacon, and finally chives.