Garlic Basted Tomahawk Steaks
These delicious tomahawk steaks are seasoned with a simple rub, placed on the grill, and basted with a garlic, herb-butter sauce throughout the cooking process. A fantastic treat any time of the year!
Servings: 4 People
- 2 tomahawk steaks
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- For baste:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- To prepare baste: Heat olive oil and butter in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring often. Next, add white wine and cook for an additional minute. Add remaining ingredient and mix through. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Apply rub to both sides of steaks. Place onto grill and cook for 3 minutes per side. Watch for flare-ups. Move steaks to cooler part of grill and apply garlic baste every 5-7 minutes, turning steak occasionally. This stage of cooking should last for 25-30 minutes based on your preference of steak doneness and thickness of meat.
- Once steaks are cooked, remove from heat and allow meat to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.