This garlic butter turkey injection marinade will add the most delicious flavor to your grilled, smoked, or baked turkey. It’s easy to prepare and is one of my favorite recipes to use.
Garlic Butter Turkey Injection Marinade
- 1/2 cup low chicken broth warmed (use no salt added if bringing turkey)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt omit if brining turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Place broth and butter into a microwave safe bowl. Set on high for 1 minute until butter has liquified and broth has warmed. Remove from microwave and combine broth and melted butter with lemon juice. Add remaining ingredients and stir through. Let stand for 10 minutes, and stir through once more before using.
- Prepare the bird by patting dry with paper towels. Load marinade into the meat injector, and slowly inject about into multiple spots in the turkey. Make sure to really get the breast meat, as it tends to dry out during cooking.
- If there is leftover marinade and you are using it as a baste, simply place the bowl back into the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute (depending on how much is left), and use. Discontinue basting about 30 minutes before turkey is done.
- If you are not using the marinade as a baste, simply discard it. Do not save it in the refrigerator since it has come into contact with raw meat.
Remember that if brining the bird, omit the salt and use a no salt added broth for this recipe.