This Garlic Dill Dip is a perfect all-purpose recipe that can be used as a dip, a dressing or a dipping sauce for wings or a condiment for burgers and sandwiches. You get to decide how you use it, however, it is great served as is with chips, bread, or sliced vegetables. Choose a less tart plain whole milk yogurt for the recipe.
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt not Greek or Icelandic
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup real mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle brine optional
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and black pepper
- You can soften the cream cheese by leaving it out at room temperature for 30 minutes before starting the recipe, or warm it in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Add softened cream cheese to a medium bowl with plain yogurt, mayonnaise and pickle brine (if opting to use it). Gently combine until the mixture is smooth.
- Add granulated garlic, dill, and a few pinches of salt and pepper to the mixture. Taste and make adjustments if needed.
- Transfer dill tip to a serving dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving. Garnish with a little fresh dill on top.
- To keep dip fresh during your cookout, fill a resealable plastic bag with ice. Seal bag and place into a bowl larger than the bowl of dip. Nestle the bowl on top of the bag of ice to keep it cool during your cookout or party. Drain water out of bag, and replace ice as needed.