Our garlic-lemon turkey injection marinade contains simple ingredients but carries so much flavor deep into the turkey! A great choice to use on any poultry, whether it is a whole turkey or chicken.
Filled with lemon and garlic flavor, this injection marinade is sure to bring out the best in your grilled, smoked, or baked turkey. This marinade pairs well with our herb and butter turkey rub! If you plan to brine your turkey, we recommend omitting the salt from this injection marinade recipe.
What you’ll need:
- 6 ounces chicken broth, preferably low-sodium. However, you can also use turkey or vegetable broth.
- Unsalted Butter
- Granulated garlic, substitute with garlic powder.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt, omit if you plan to brine the turkey.
How to Make and Use Garlic-Lemon Turkey Injection Marinade:
- Stir injection marinade ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Use a meat injector to draw some liquid into the syringe. Release excess air before injecting.
- Inject about 3/4″ into the turkey, and release small bits of the marinade into multiple spots. Wipe away any spillage, place the turkey into a large pan, and place it into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Bake, grill, or smoke the turkey as directed.
- Discard any remaining marinade that has come into contact with raw meat.
Garlic-Lemon Turkey Injection Marinade
- 6 ounces chicken broth low sodium
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, melted
- 1 lemon large sized, juiced
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (omit if turkey is brined)
- Stir ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Using a meat injector, draw marinade into syringe and release any excess air from it. Inject small bits of marinade into multiple parts of turkey. Bake, grill, or smoke as directed.
- Remember to discard any remaining marinade that has come into contact with raw meat.
Not the Turkey Injection Marinade you were looking for? Try my list of the Best Turkey Injection Marinades.
Need an Injector for the Honey and White Wine Turkey Injection Marinade?
The Ofargo Marinade Injector is a classic style syringe. The marinade is sucked up through the needle and then pushed back into the meat. The needle on this model is large enough that it shouldn’t clog. Still, make sure that your marinade is near water thin. It is an inexpensive unit that you can purchase for around $10. It is dishwasher safe and durable enough to last for several years. The volume on this injector is small, but it will handle most jobs for a single-family.