Garlic Pastrami Burgers
Never had a pastrami burger? Well, you are in for a treat. Popular legend says that the pastrami burger originated in Utah, and still remains a beloved fast food item. Once you’ve tried one you will understand. I am taking it one step further with this Garlic Pastrami Burgers recipe. These patties are infused with garlicky goodness, grilled to perfection and topped with warmed pastrami, a delicious sauce, and cheese. You just can’t go wrong with this in your mouth!Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1/2 pound pastrami (good quality)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Shredded lettuce about 1-1 ½ cups
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon horseradish prepared
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- Prepare the dressing by mixing together all called for ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Gently combine ground beef with minced garlic. Form into 4 equal-sized patties. Place onto the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- During the last few minutes. Top each burger with swiss cheese and 1/4 of the pastrami. Close the lid for 1-2 minutes and allow the cheese to melt and pastrami to warm through. At this point, if you choose, you can toast the hamburger buns by brushing cut side will oil and place on the grill grates.
- Remove patties (and buns) from the grill and assemble burgers with the addition of lettuce and dressing.
Phot by: Sabrina Baksh