Greek Style Marinade for Lamb
This Greek inspired marinade works well on every kind of meat or vegetable, but is particularly suited for lamb.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 1 Cup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sea salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Let stand for 5-10 minutes until salt has dissolved.
- Use this marinade on all cuts of lamb or double the recipe for a larger cuts like, leg of lamb.
- Marinate chops and smaller cuts for 3-4 hours. Large cuts like leg of lamb should be marinated for 8-24 hours.
- Store mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week after preparation. Any marinade that has come into contact with raw meat, should be discarded right away.