Grilled Apple-Brie Naan Pizza
This is a multi-step grilling recipe that requires the apples to be grilled, then sliced and added to the pizza. Think of these as personal pizzas where a single naan bread is the perfect size. Don't worry if you can't find naan, any similar sized ready made pizza crust or flatbread will do!
- 6 Naan bread, small round variety
- 6 firm sweet apples, cored and quartered
- 8 ounces brie, cut into slices (rind on)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, warmed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Brush apple quarters with a neutral flavored oil and place on grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes turning each piece once. Remove from grill and place onto a clean cutting board.
- Place naan on grill and cook one side for 2 minutes until toasted. Remove.
- Slice apples into 1/2 thick slices. Brush each naan on the cooked side with olive oil. Layer with apples and brie, alternating between the two. Top with pecans or walnuts.
- Place pizzas onto grill "uncooked" side down. Cook for 4-5 minutes until golden brown and cheese has melted. Remove from grill, drizzle each with warm maple syrup, and top with thyme. Slice and serve.
Photo and recipe by: Sabrina Baksh