Grilled Asparagus and Port Salut Pizza
If you're looking for a fantastic grilled pizza that is suitable for both vegetarians and meat eaters, then look no further. Simple yet delicious, this dish can be prepared very quickly, and the Port Salut cheese adds just the right layer of creaminess to offset the crisp vegetables.
- 4-6 small store bought pizza crusts
- 8-10 asparagus spears
- 8-10 ounces Port Salut, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped in thirds
- 1/3 cup marinated tomatoes, or fresh, cut into strips
- 6 large basil leaves, torn in half
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Toss asparagus a little oil and place onto the grill for 2-3 minutes. Turn them a few times to get some grill marks and remove. Chop into 1" pieces.
- Prepare the other vegetables and set aside. Combine garlic and olive oil. Brush on to pizza crust, top with asparagus, tomato, artichoke pieces, fresh basil, and sprinkle with desired amount of black pepper. Place about 5 pieces of Port Salut cheese over top of each pizza.
- Carefully place onto grill and cook for 5-7 minutes. Since the crusts are pre-cooked, make sure to keep a close eye on them.
- Remove pizzas from grill, slice, and enjoy. Top with more basil if desired.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh