Grilled Cherry and Brie Flatbread with Balsamic
A simple, but flavorful grilled flatbread recipe that utilizes the flavor combinations of cherries, mint and creamy melted brie cheese. The tart balsamic reduction ties all the flavors together. Double or triple the recipe if making more than just one flatbread.
- prepared dough
- olive oil
- 1 large triangle of brie cheese (rinds removed and sliced)
- 12-14 sweet cherries (halved and pitted)
- 8-10 mint leaves (chopped)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- To prepare balsamic reduction, place vinegar in small saucepan, bring to boil, reduce heat and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes. Keep a close eye as it reduces by half quickly. Once thickened, remove from heat and cool. The reduction should have the consistency of syrup.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat. On floured surface, roll out prepared dough for 1/2 inch thickness. Transfer to lightly floured cookie sheet.
- Place onto grill and cook for 1 1/2 minutes, or until bottom starts to brown. Flip over, and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from grill, place onto cookie sheet and allow to cool slightly.
- Drizzle cooked side with olive oil. Place brie slices all over crust, top with cherries, and chopped mint. Reduce heat to medium, place pizza back on grill and cook for 3-5 minutes until crust has cooked though and brie has melted.
- To serve, drizzle pizza with balsamic reduction, garnish with additional chopped mint (optional), slice and enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!