Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Not only is the chicken breast grilled for this recipe, but so is romaine lettuce. The light grilling brings out the natural sweetness of the lettuce that really adds flavor to this dish. Quick and easy, this recipe makes a perfect lunch or dinner item.Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1 cup creamy Caesar dressing (for salad)
- 4 whole hearts of romaine, cut in half lengthwise
- olive oil
- 1/3-1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- for marinade:
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar dressing
- 2 tablespoons oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over chicken. Move chicken around so that all surfaces and well coated. Seal bag and place into refrigerator for 1-8 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat.
- Remove chicken from bag and place onto grill. Cook for 8-9 minutes per side or until internal temperature at the thickest part of breast reaches 165 degrees F. Once cooked, remove from grill and place onto a plate. Cover with aluminum foil and keep warm.
- Brush the cut side of romaine lettuce with olive oil. Place onto grill for 2-3 minutes or until grill marks appear. Promptly remove.
- To serve. Slice each breast into strips. Place two lettuce halves on each plate and top with Caesar dressing topped with parmesan cheese. Serve alongside sliced chicken breast.