Grilled Cilantro-Lime Chicken Breasts
Fragrant, juicy, and delicious, these grilled cilantro-lime chicken breasts are sure to please. I like to serve them right off the grill with my favorite sides, but they work quite well in salads, wraps, and tacos too. Photo by: bhofack2/DepositphotosPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 medium chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 medium jalapeno stems and seeds removed
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- For even thickness, set down a 10” piece of plastic wrap on your counter. Place 1-2 chicken breasts on top, then set another piece of plastic wrap right on top. Using a kitchen mallet, lightly strike the chicken breast(s) from the center, moving outward to form a uniform piece of meat. Strive for ¾” to 1” thickness. Repeat the process with the remaining breasts.
- Move flattened chicken into a glass baking dish or resealable freezer bag.
- Place all marinade ingredients into a food processor or blender. Pulse 10 times to create a nice thick mixture. If the marinade is too thick, add a little more olive oil. The mixture should not be a puree but rather a fine chop.
- Pour marinade over chicken breasts and toss to coat. Cover dish with plastic wrap or seal bag, and place into the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Once up to heat, oil the grill grates.
- Place marinated chicken breast on the grill, close the lid and cook for 5-7 minutes. Turn chicken breasts over, close the lid, cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Reduce heat if needed, or move chicken off to a cooler part of the grill. Continue cooking over indirect heat.
- Once cooked through, remove chicken breasts from the grill and place them onto a serving platter. Hit with a little extra fresh lime juice, and garnish with cilantro.
- *Substitutions: Not a fan of cilantro? You can substitute it with a mixture of Italian parsley and fresh oregano. It will change the flavor, but the chicken breasts will be delicious. Garnish with chopped green onion or parsley.
- *Purchase about four limes for this recipe.