These grilled cinnamon-brown sugar peaches make the perfect dessert for just about any occasion! Not only are peaches delicious, but grilling caramelizes the surface, which adds to its natural fruity flavor. These grilled sweet peach halves are taken right off the heat and then served with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Can this get any better? Yes! You can also slice and use these peaches as a topping for a cake or use them in a cobbler.
What you’ll need to make grilled cinnamon-brown sugar peaches:
Not only are these grilled cinnamon-brown sugar peaches delicious, but this recipe requires only five ingredients! A perfect way to use up extra peaches too.
How to pick the right peach:
We can all agree that peaches are delicious, but it’s a good idea to know which ones are ripe and ready to use for this grilled cinnamon-brown sugar peaches dessert.
First, the peach should give off a sweet aroma, appear rosy-colored and round, and have a slightly soft feel to them (not too firm, not too squishy).
How to grill peaches:
-Preheat your grill for 400 degrees F or medium-high heat.
-Wash your peaches, and gently pat the skins dry with paper towels.
-Cut each peach in have lengthwise and remove the pit.
-Combine your cinnamon-sugar mixture in a small bowl. Set aside.
-Brush a little oil on the flesh side of each peach half.
-Place onto the grill cut-side down, and let them cook for 3-4 minutes
-Turn them over, and fill each peach half with a little cinnamon-sugar mixture. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the sugar starts to melt.
-Promptly remove from heat, and plate with a scoop or two of ice cream.
Serving grilled cinnamon-brown sugar peaches :
If you have a sweet tooth like me, I recommend topping your peaches with ice cream and caramel sauce! It’s so delicious.
Want added crunch? Top your grilled peaches with crushed shortbread cookies, graham crackers, or granola. Absolutely delicious!
If you like this grilled peach recipe, you’ll love these:
Grilled Cinnamon-Brown Sugar Peaches
- 6 firm ripe peaches
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits. Place halves onto a large cutting board or cookie sheet.
- Combine brown sugar with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Brush peaches with a neutral flavored oil. When in doubt, vegetable oil works like a charm.
- Place peaches on to grill grate cut side down and grill for 3 minutes. Flip, and spoon equal amounts of brown sugar mixture into grilled side. Do not over fill. Grill for additional minute or two, until the sugar mixture starts to melt.
- Remove peach halves from grill, plate them up individually or in a platter, and serve as desired.