Grilled Cinnamon-Brown Sugar Peaches
These grilled cinnamon-brown sugar peaches are the perfect dessert for just about any occasion! Not only are peaches delicious, but grilling caramelizes the surface, and adds to its natural fruit flavor. Topped with cinnamon and brown sugar, these grilled peach halves are best served with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. However, you can also slice and serve them on cake, or use them in cobblers.
- 6 firm ripe peaches
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits. Place halves onto a large cutting board or cookie sheet.
- Combine brown sugar with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Brush peaches with a neutral flavored oil. When in doubt, vegetable oil works like a charm.
- Place peaches on to grill grate cut side down and grill for 3 minutes. Flip, and spoon equal amounts of brown sugar mixture into grilled side. Do not over fill. Grill for additional minute or two, until the sugar mixture starts to melt.
- Remove peach halves from grill, plate them up individually or in a platter, and serve as desired.
Photo by: [email protected]/Depositphotos
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!