These Grilled Cuban Mojo Pork Chops will amaze your tastebuds. That garlicky-citrus flavor of Cuban mojo pork is just as good when applied to a pork chop. Double the recipe to make several dinners for the week. Slice and serve in wraps and salads, or just enjoy them as is. I recommend using rib chops for this recipe, rather than dryer cuts like loin chops.
Grilled Cuban Mojo Pork Chops
- 4 pork rib chops about 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro garnish, optional
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- Juice of two limes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place pork chops into a resealable plastic bag or an air tight container with a lid (glass or plastic) large enough to hold four pork chops. Pour marinade mixture over top and toss to coat. Seal bag or secure lid onto the dish. Marinate chops in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Remove chops from the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature or 10 minutes.
- Place chops onto grill grate, close lid and cook for 10 minutes. Turn chops and cook for an additional 8, or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches desired doneness. Please note that 145 degrees F. is medium-rare, 150 degrees F. is medium, and 155 degrees F. is medium-well.
- Once cooked, remove chops from the grill and place onto a clean platter or cutting board. Top with chopped cilantro (or your favorite garnish) and serve.