Grilled Garlic-Butter Lobster Tails
Grilled lobster tails are absolutely perfect for special occasions. These lobster tails are coated in a flavorful garlic butter sauce, then grilled to perfection. Serve with grilled asparagus and a good chardonnay.
- 4 raw lobster tails about 7-10 ounces each
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large lemons cut into fourths
- Using sharp kitchen shears, make a vertical cut from the top to about ¼ of an inch above the tail. Do not cut through the tail. If you so choose, you can make diagonal cuts on both sides (about 1/4 -1/2 an inch) and gently part the shell, and pull the lobster meat on top. The shell will serve as a platform with the exposed meat on the top.
- Place lobster tails in a glass baking dish. Combine butter, with olive oil, garlic, chives, pepper, and salt. Pour mixture over tails and place into the fridge for 10-20 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium heat between 350-400 degrees F.
- Place lobster tails onto the grates, meat side up, and cook for 10-14 minutes, based on size and doneness.
- Once lobster meat is opaque in color and the shells have turned a bright pinkish-red, it’s time to take them off the grill.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sides and a lemon wedge or two.
Photo by: svetas at depositphotos