Halibut is one of my favorite types of fish for the grill. It lends itself well to the heat and can be flavored in so many different ways. These grilled halibut steaks a simple Tuscan inspired recipe that you can serve with chopped tomatoes and cannellini beans.
- 4 halibut steaks about 6 ounces each
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, rosemary, and thyme in a small bowl. Set aside. Reserve salt and black pepper for later.
- Place halibut steaks into a shallow glass baking dish. Pour mixture on top making sure to coat each steak well. Carefully cover with plastic wrap and place it into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat (about 375 to 400 degrees F.)
- Remove fish from refrigerator and season each steak with salt and black pepper. Let sit at room temperature while the grill comes up to temperature.
- Place fish onto the grill grate. Grill on one side for 5 to 7 minutes. Flip and continue another 5 to 7 minutes. Halibut is ideally cooked to an internal temperature of 130 to 135 degrees F. If you take the halibut steaks off the grill at 130 and place them on a warm plate, they will reach 135 before you get a chance to eat them.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and place onto a clean serving dish. Serve with your favorite sides.