Grilled Herb Butter Prime Rib
A simple yet delicious way to prepare prime rib for any occasion. Remember that you have to grill this rib roast on indirect heat.
- 1 5-6 pound standing rib roast 5-6 pounds
- aluminum drip pan
- Butter mixture:
- 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Allow roast to sit in room temperature for 30 minutes to hour.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Trim off excess fat, but make sure not to take off all of it. Combine remaining ingredients well and apply evenly onto the surface of the roast. Make sure it is well coated.
- Fill drip pan with 1 to 1 1/2 inches of water. Place roast on to grill with drip pan underneath. Cook for 1 1/2 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 135-145 degrees.
- Once cooked, remove roast and let meat rest for 10-15 minutes before carving. Use the contents of the drip pan to make a fantastic gravy in the mean time. Slice meat and serve with gravy and you favorite sides. You can't go wrong with buttery mashed potatoes or Yorkshire puddings.