Grilled Herb Butter Prime Rib
A simply delicious prime rib roast that is prepared right on your grill. The herb-butter rub provides a flavorful crust on the surface of the roast, and the meat is perfectly tender. This prime rib is perfect for the holidays, and will leave your guests asking for more!
- 1 5-6 pound standing rib roast 5-6 pounds
- aluminum drip pan
- Butter mixture:
- 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Let roast sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to hour.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Trim off excess fat from roast, but do not remove all of it. Combine herb-butter rub ingredients and apply evenly onto the surface of the roast. Coat it well.
- Fill drip pan with 1 1/2 cup of water. Place roast on to grill with drip pan positioned directly underneath. Cook for roast 1 1/2 hours, or until internal temperature reaches between 135-145 degrees. Adjust grill temp as needed.
- Once cooked, remove roast and let meat rest for 10-15 minutes before carving. Use the contents of the drip pan to make a fantastic gravy. Slice meat and serve with gravy, horseradish sauce, and your favorite sides. You can't go wrong with buttery mashed potatoes or Yorkshire puddings.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh