Grilled Herb Butter Prime Rib
A simply delicious prime rib roast that is prepared right on your grill. The herb-butter rub provides a flavorful crust on the surface of the roast, and the meat is perfectly tender. This prime rib is perfect for the holidays, and will leave your guests asking for more!Print Pin
Servings: 6 People
- 1 5-6 pound standing rib roast 5-6 pounds
- aluminum drip pan
- Butter mixture:
- 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Let roast sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to hour.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Trim off excess fat from roast, but do not remove all of it. Combine herb-butter rub ingredients and apply evenly onto the surface of the roast. Coat it well.
- Fill drip pan with 1 1/2 cup of water. Place roast on to grill with drip pan positioned directly underneath. Cook for roast 1 1/2 hours, or until internal temperature reaches between 135-145 degrees. Adjust grill temp as needed.
- Once cooked, remove roast and let meat rest for 10-15 minutes before carving. Use the contents of the drip pan to make a fantastic gravy. Slice meat and serve with gravy, horseradish sauce, and your favorite sides. You can't go wrong with buttery mashed potatoes or Yorkshire puddings.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh