Grilled Jumbo Shrimp
This is a delicious herb marinated grilled jumbo shrimp recipe. The secret to grilling shrimp is to keep a close eye on them. Shrimp cook fast enough for you to keep the lid up and an eye on them at all times. Overcooked shrimp are rubbery so take them off the second they are done.
- 2 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 shallot finely diced
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 leaves of basil finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder mild
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Slit backs and de-vein shrimp, but make sure to leave the shells intact. Rinse shrimp off and gently pat dry with a paper towel. Place them into a resealable plastic bag. Mix marinade ingredients together and pour over shrimp. Seal bag, and gently toss around so that all the marinade is well distributed. Let marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Remove shrimp for bag and discard marinade. Place shrimp on grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until pink all the way around. Remove from heat, hit with a little extra lemon juice and serve.