Grilled Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Roasted Peppers
This is one flavorful pork tenderloin sandwich. The pork is marinated in a sage and wine mixture, grilled to perfection and served up with roasted pepper and topped with an avocado sauce.
Servings: 4 People
- 1 2- pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup white wine
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 large sage leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (1/2 tsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 large ripe avocado (pitted, scooped and mashed)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- black pepper to taste
- 2 Anaheim peppers
- 1 small loaf French bread (sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices)
- 8 slices of Swiss Cheese
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- Place pork tenderloin in resealable plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients and pour over pork. Seal bag and allow to marinate for 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Set grill for high heat. Place Anaheim peppers onto grill and cook for 5 minutes, rotating constantly. Once the skins are charred, removed from heat and place into resealable plastic bags. Let peppers sit for 10 minutes. While peppers
- are resting, place pork tenderloin onto grill (discard marinade). Cook on high for 10 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn every few minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for an addition 15-20 minutes. Once the thickest part of the tenderloin reaches 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 minutes before slicing.
- To remove skins from pepper, simply remove from bag and using a paper towel, grab pepper and skins should give way easily. Cut off stems, remove seeds, and cut into strips.
- To prepare sauce, combine avocado, yogurt, oregano, lime juice, salt and black pepper. It should be relatively thick, but not chunky.
- To assemble, place cheese on toasted French bread slice, add 2-3 strip of roasted pepper, tomato slices, sliced pork tenderloin and top with a generous amount of avocado sauce.