Grilled Pound Cake Slices with Fresh Berries
An easy and delightful dessert prepared right on the grill. Nice and toasted, the pound cake slices are topped with cream, fresh berries, and finished off with grated chocolate.
- 4-5 slices of pound cake (about 3/4 inch/2 cm thick)
- 2 cup strawberries (washed and sliced)
- 1 cup blackberries or blueberries (washed)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 piece mediumof chocolate (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
- Clean and oil grill grates. Heat grill to high. Place pound cake slices on grates and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Watch closely for burning. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- For whipping cream: add cream, sugar, and vanilla to medium bowl. Beat until mixture develops soft peaks. This can be made ahead of time and stored in refrigerator. Place a generous dollop onto each slice of pound cake, arrange berries and top with grated chocolate.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh