Grilled Sage-Butter Sweet Potatoes
The flavors of the sage really shines through when combined with the sweet potatoes. This dish is a filling meal all on its own or works well paired with grilled meats, fish, and seafood.Print Pin
Servings: 4 People
- 2 inch large sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced into 1 1/2rounds)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot heat water. Add sweet potato rounds and allow to simmer on medium-low for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside in a large bowl. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, add melted butter, olive oil, garlic, sage, honey, and seasonings. Stir well. Add sweet potatoes to mixture, toss gently, making sure to coat well.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Place sweet potato slices (reserving any leftover sage mixture remaining in the bowl) onto grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Once they have good grill marks, remove from heat and place onto a serving dish. Pour reserved sage butter mixture over top of sweet potatoes and serve.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh/Regarding BBQ, Inc.