Grilled Salmon Sliders
These delicious grilled salmon burgers are nestled onto a mildly spiced aioli and topped with a fantastic peanut-tamari slaw. If you're looking for a low carb version, ditch the bun and wrap them in lettuce!Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
- 8 hamburger buns Look for small buns like slider buns or dinner rolls
- 2 pounds salmon fillet skin removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs or almond flour for low carb option
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- for slaw:
- 2 1/2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- For aioli:
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha or sambal olek
- pinch white pepper
- Combine mayonnaise with ketchup, chili sauce and white pepper in a small bowl. Add more chili sauce if preferred. Cover and place into the refrigerator until time to serve.
- Right before grilling salmon burgers, whisk together tamari (or soy sauce if preferred), sesame oil, and rice wine vinegar in a medium bowl. Add cabbage and toss to coat. Right before serving, mix in chopped peanuts. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator until ready to use.
- Place salmon pieces, almond meal (or bread crumbs), green onions, garlic, ginger powder, salt, and white pepper into a food processor. Pulse about 8 times or until mixture has nicely combined. Do not puree.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Form salmon mixture into 8 equal sized patties; a little larger than the slider buns. Brush both sides of patties with oil and place onto the grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Once cooked, remove and assemble sliders. Store any leftover patties, slaw and aioli in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Serving: 6servingsCalories: 963kcalCarbohydrates: 64gProtein: 58gFat: 52gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 1393mgPotassium: 1566mgFiber: 5gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 906IUVitamin C: 38mgCalcium: 237mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!