Grilled S'more Pizza
What a great way to end a cookout like making s'more dessert right on the grill. This pizza is pure ooey gooey goodness that will make everyone happy. What's great about this dessert pizza is that it's quick and easy and requires just a few ingredients. This recipe makes enough for 2 dessert pizzas.
- 12 ounces pizza dough (fresh, not frozen)
- 10 graham crackers, crushed
- 1 1/4 cups marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat grill for medium high heat.
- Roll out pizza dough to a 1/2" thickness. Place onto grill grate and cook one side, for 3-4 minutes or until the bottom begins to turn golden brown. If your grilled is large enough to accommodate both pizzas, then great. If not, you'll have to grill them in turns. Remove pizzas and place the uncooked portion onto a lightly floured cutting board.
- Let dough cool for a moment while you assemble everything else.
- Combine crushed graham crackers with cinnamon, nutmeg, and melted butter.
- Spread half of the amount of marshmallow creme on each pizza. Keep it about 1 1/2" away from the edges or else it will melt and burn on the grill. Now top with each pizza with equal portions of the graham cracker mixture. Next, add equal portions of the chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Take pizzas back out to the grill. Set the temperature for medium heat and place pizzas, raw side down onto the grill grates. Cook for an additional 5-6 minutes, until dough is golden brown and marshmallows and chocolate begin to melt.
- Remove s'more pizzas from grill, place onto a large cutting boars, and let stand for 5 minutes. Believe me, this dessert can be quite hot right off the grill. Cut into slices (yes, they will be imperfect slices), and serve alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh