Grilled Sriracha Chicken
Sweet and spicy sriracha and plum glazed chicken legs on the grill. Delicious and a great option for large groups of people. Increase the recipe to suit your needs, and as always, adjust the amount of sriracha in the recipe to suit your palate.
Servings: 8 People
- 16 chicken drumsticks
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- for marinade:
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- juice of 4 limes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- for sriracha glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups plum sauce
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sriracha sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Keep skin intact, but remove any straggling pieces. Make two slits into the meat of each leg. Place 8 legs in one resealable plastic bag and 8 in another. Combine marinade mixture and pour half of it in one bag and half in another. Make sure meat is well coated. Seal bags and place into refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a high simmer (starting to boil). Reduce heat to low, and let glaze simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Once brown sugar has melted and sauce is well incorporated, remove from heat, cover and keep warm. Reheat sauce if needed.
- Preheat grill for a medium, indirect cook.
- Remove chicken from bags and place onto grill. Cook over indirect heat for 10-12 minutes. Begin basting legs and turning after this point. Do this about 4 times until legs are cooked through or you have run out of glaze. Once legs reach an internal temperature of 175 degrees F., they are done.
- Remove legs from grill and place onto a large platter. Garnish with chopped green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
- Store leftover chicken in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days after initial preparation.
Photo by: Loozrboy/Flickr Public Domain