The Grilled Tequila Lime Wings have all the flavor you are looking for. These wings can be a meal by themselves but make the perfect appetizer. While the recipes says to marinate for an hour or two, you can get these chicken wings ready well before any gathering and throw them on the grill when you are ready. These are so good, you will probably want to make a double batch.
Grilled Tequila-Lime Wings
- 2-3 pounds chicken wings separated flats, and drummettes
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1 jalapeno seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 11/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro for garnish
- Place all marinade ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Split mixture in half. Set aside.
- Separate wings into two equal batches and place them into two resealable plastic bags. Pour half of the marinade mixture into each bag. Release air, seal bags, and work the marinade into the wings. Place bags into the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Place wings onto the grill and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until the wings register an internal temperature of 175 degrees. If flare-ups occur, reduce heat to medium, or move wings to a cooler part of the grill and cook indirectly until done. Turn as needed.
- Once wings are cooked through, remove from grill, garnish with cilantro (or preferred garnish) and serve.
More Chicken Wing Recipes: