Grilled Zucchini Skins
Looking for a low carb, ketogenic friendly alternative to potato skins? Well look no further. The best part is that these can be cooked right on the grill. These stuffed zucchini's make a delicious side dish and is quite fast and easy to prepare.
Servings: 6 People
- 4 medium-large zucchini, halved and scooped
- 1 1/3 cups cream cheese
- 2 cup cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (reserve 1/2 for garnish)
- 8 strips think cut bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve 2 strips worth for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (garnish)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash and cut zucchinis in half lengthwise. Remove ends. Turn zucchini halves over to skin side. Cut a 1/8" strip off of the center so vegetable will balance properly on grill grate. Don't cut too much off.
- Preheat grill for medium heat
- Combine cream cheese with about 6 strips worth of bacon (reserving remainder for garnish), 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese, salt, garlic, onion, and black pepper. Scoop equal amounts of mixture into zucchini halves. Do not over stuff. Top with remaining cheddar cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Place zucchinis onto grill grate skin side down. Close lid and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the zucchini are tender, filling is hot, and cheddar cheese has melted.
- Remove zucchini skins from grill and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve as is, or cut into smaller pieces for appetizer portions.
- Zucchini's can be cooked in the oven at 350 degrees F., for 15-20 minutes.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh