Hawaiian style pork stands firmly on the pork flavor. With a spice rub like this to enhance the flavors, you can keep it simple and yet make something spectacular. Use this Hawaiian Pork Rib Rub on any cut of pork, but it is scaled to a single full rack of ribs. Double, triple or more for the number of racks you are cooking.
Hawaiian Pork Rib Rub
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt Hawaiian sea salt preferred
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and apply to meat. If you are making ahead of time, store seasoning rub in an airtight container in the cupboard for up to 6 months after preparation.
Looking for more ideas? See my list of the best BBQ Pork Rib Rubs.
Want to cook the perfect Ribs regardless of the equipment you own? Try my methods for:
Make this recipe extra authentic with real Hawaiian Sea Salt.