Herb and Butter Turkey Rub
Not only is this a fantastic rub, but the butter helps to brown the skin of the turkey. A delicious mixture of fresh herbs, spices, and of course butter. Recipe is designed for a 12-15 pound bird. Increase the recipe by 1/2 to accommodate a 16-22 pound turkey.
- 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram
- 2 teaspoons salt, *omit if you've brined the turkey*
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered allspice
- Wash and blot dry the herbs with paper towels. Remove leaves from stems and finely chop. Combine herbs and spices with softened butter. Stir together until well incorporated.
- Apply butter mixture all over turkey, including under the breast skin. Be gentle with this process as the skin can tear if handled too roughly. Cook turkey as directed.
- Discard any leftover rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh