Herb and Caper Hot Potato Salad
This herb and caper potato salad is so good it is worth eating all by itself. Hot potato salad it is perfect for year round cookouts and the combination of fantastic flavors means this "salad" can hold up against some of the boldest dishes. I recommend serving this hot potato salad with pork chops, grilled fish, or chicken.Print Pin
Servings: 6 People
- 8-9 medium red potatoes, washed and skin on, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoon tablespoons capers plus 1 tablespoon brine
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup diced and cooked pancetta (optional)
- Wash and cut potatoes. Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Stir in 1 teaspoon of salt. Add potatoes and cook for 15 minutes. Potatoes should be cooked through, but not mushy. Once tender, drain potatoes and set aside. Heat olive oil in pot. Add shallots and cook over medium heat until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add chives, dill, capers, brine, salt, and black pepper. Cook for additional minute.
- Remove pot from heat, add potatoes, and carefully toss to coat. If using pancetta, add right before combining potatoes with herb mixture. Scoop potatoes out into large dish and serve warm.
- This potato salad can be served cold as well, so if you have leftovers, store them in an air tight container in the refrigerator and enjoy it the following day. This salad keeps for up to 3 days when stored properly.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh