Herb and Caper Hot Potato Salad
This Potato Salad is so good it is worth making all by itself. As a hot potato salad it is perfect for year round cookouts and the combination of fantastic flavors means this "salad" can hold up against the boldest dishes.
- 8-9 medium red potatoes, washed and skin on, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoon tablespoons capers plus 1brine
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup diced and cooked pancetta (optional)
- Wash and cut potatoes. To large stock pot add 6 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook for 10-15 minutes. Potatoes should be cooked through, but not mushy. Once tender, drain potatoes and set aside. Heat olive oil in pot. Add shallots and cook until translucent; 2-3 minutes. Add chives, dill, capers, brine, salt, and black pepper. Cook for additional minute.
- Remove pot from heat, add potatoes, and carefully turn to coat. If using pancetta, add right before combining potatoes with herb mixture. Scoop potatoes out into large dish and serve warm.