Herb Rubbed T-Bone Steaks
These T-Bone steaks are rubbed with a delicious oregano, basil, and garlic seasoning paste, then grilled hot and fast. There is nothing better than a grilled steak, and this one is definitely that!
- 2 T-Bone steaks
- for seasoning rub:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 large basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt (use more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place seasoning rub ingredients into a food processor and pulse about 10 times, until ingredients are finely chopped and well combined. Taste for salt content. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Apply seasoning mixture to both sides of steaks. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- While grill is heating up, remove steaks from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature.
- Place steaks onto a hot grill and cook for 10-12 minutes per side, depending on thickness and desired doneness.
- Increase heat to high. Reverse sear the steaks by grilling them over intense heat for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until a nice golden brown crust forms. Watch for burning.
- Remove steaks from grill and place onto a plate. Tent with aluminum foil. Let steaks rest for 5-10 minutes, then serve.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh