Herb-Walnut Compound Butter
This simple compound butter is perfect for steaks, prime rib, and chops. A great addition to holiday meals and special occasions like anniversaries or Valentine's Day.
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1/3 walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Toast walnuts in a small skillet, over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes. Move walnuts around as they toast so they don't burn. Once they become a little darker in color and fragrant, remove from heat and place onto a cutting board. Let walnuts cool for 8-10 minutes. Chop into smaller pieces.
- Combine softened butter and walnuts with remaining ingredients. Scoop out onto a large piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Using wrap (or paper), roll butter into a log shape. It's very important that it's even and that the middle isn't larger than the tips. Wrap ends under and place into refrigerator for 2-3 hours before using.
- To use, simply unroll and cut off a 1/2" sized piece and place onto top of steaks, prime rib, or chops.
- Store mixture in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
Photo by: Katrin Gilger