Looking for the best homemade burger seasoning to take your burgers to the next level? This recipe will surely have your taste buds singing with its perfect blend of savory and smoky flavors. Whether you are grilling up some juicy beef patties or plant-based burgers, this seasoning is the perfect addition. So fire up the grill and get ready to impress!
Grilled burgers are good, but our homemade burger seasoning will take up a notch. Even better, most of these ingredients are already in your pantry, and you can assemble this seasoning blend in no time. Take this rub to tailgating events, cookouts, and camping trips. You’ll be glad you did. Our recipe makes roughly 1/3 cup of burger seasoning. You’ll need 1 tablespoon per pound of ground meat, making this hamburger seasoning a great option for large cookouts.
Why you should use a burger seasoning
Using a burger seasoning instead of just salt can enhance the flavor profile of your burger. While salt is a key component to any seasoning, a burger seasoning typically includes a blend of herbs and spices that add depth and complexity to the burger patty. Some burger seasonings may include ingredients like garlic or onion powder, which can add a savory element to your burger. Overall, using a burger seasoning can take your burger from ordinary to extraordinary.
Burger seasoning Ingredients:
- Black pepper
- Granulated onion (or onion powder)
- Granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- White sugar (granulated sugar)
- Paprika (not smoked)
- Dried marjoram (or other dried herb like thyme, oregano, rosemary, etc.)
How to make and use it:
- Combine seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the cupboard for up to six months after preparation.
- Sprinkle your desired amount onto patties about 5 minutes before grilling. We use about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon per burger, depending on size. If you plan on making stuffed burgers with bacon, then season them lightly.
- For easier application, apply seasoning with a shaker.
- Use this seasoning mixture on steaks, meatballs, or on beef ribs as well.
- Make a large batch and use it for all your grilling needs. Add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch to the mixture to prevent caking.
- Want it smokier? Substitute regular paprika with smoked paprika.
The best burger seasoning for the best burgers!
The Best Burger Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons dried marjoram
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Use mixture immediately or store it in an airtight container in the cupboard for up to six months.
- Sprinkle desired amount on to patties. We use about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon per burger, depending on its size. If making stuffed burgers with bacon, we recommend seasoning the patties lightly.You can use this rub mixture on steaks, meatballs, or on beef ribs as well.