Honey and White Wine Turkey Injection Marinade
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt omit if you’ve brined the turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add wine and honey. Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes until mixture is good and. Add remaining ingredients, stir through, and remove pan from the heat. Let the mixture cool to room temperature before using.
- If you are planning to use this mixture as an injection and baste, then reserve half of it for later.
- Using a meat injector, inject marinade into the meatiest part of the bird. Season and cook as directed.
- Use reserved marinade as a baste during the latter half of cook time.
Not the Turkey Injection Marinade you were looking for? Try my list of the Best Turkey Injection Marinades.
Need an Injector for the Honey and White Wine Turkey Injection Marinade?
The Ofargo Marinade Injector is a classic style syringe. The marinade is sucked up through the needle and then pushed back into the meat. The needle on this model is large enough that it shouldn’t clog. Still, make sure that your marinade is near water thin. It is an inexpensive unit that you can purchase for around $10. It is dishwasher safe and durable enough to last for several years. The volume on this injector is small, but it will handle most jobs for a single-family.