Hot Honey Riblets
These riblets are grilled, then bathed in a delicious hot honey sauce, then placed back on the grill to finish up. The sauce is sweet and spicy, and these riblets make the perfect appetizer for game days, cookouts, and potlucks. Trust me; they’ll go quickly!Photo by: Sabrina Baksh/derrickriches.comPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- 3 lbs riblet strips
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 medium green onions finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 disposable aluminum pan 13” x 9”
- For the hot honey sauce:
- 1 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons sriracha sauce adjust to your liking
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Pinch of allspice
- Preheat grill for medium-high indirect cooking
- Season riblets with salt and pepper. Place onto grill, close lid, and cook for 60 minutes over indirect heat. Look for an internal temperature of 180 degrees F.
- While riblets are cooking, it’s time to prepare the sauce.
- Add all sauce ingredients except butter to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer on high heat until the sauce starts to bubble on the sides. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. The sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat, stir in butter, cover and keep warm.
- Transfer riblets to a cutting board and cut into individual pieces. Place pieces into the aluminum pan and pour hot honey mixture over the top. Toss to coat.
- Place the aluminum pan onto the grill over low heat, close the lid, and let it go for 3-4 minutes. Toss riblets, and repeat the process two more times, or until riblets are well coated, have a red-brown color, and the sauce has thickened up.
- Remove pan from grill and garnish riblets with chopped green onion and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days after preparation.