Hot n' Spicy Hog Rub
This is a good spicy rub to use on any cut of pork, including chops, ribs, pork butts and even a whole hog. Make sure to increase the rub recipe so you'll have enough seasoning for large cuts.Print Pin
Servings: 1 Cups
- 1/2 cup mild chili powder
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds crushed
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Crush fennel seeds using a mortar and pestle or spice grinder. It is up to you how fine of a grind you want for this rub. Personally, for larger cuts I prefer a very minimal grind, but for ribs and chops I suggest a fine grind.
- Apply the rub to the meat, making sure it is well coated. Cook as directed.
- Discard any remaining rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
- If making ahead of time, store in an air tight container in the cupboard for 6 months.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh