For those of you that love spicy food, this Hot n’ Spicy Rib Rub will add a powerful punch to barbecued ribs. It’ll definitely wake you up and keep you energized throughout the meal! This mixture is enough for 2-3 slabs of ribs. Adjust recipe ingredients to suit your spice level.
Hot n' Spicy Rib Rub
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons cayenne (add more or else to suit tastes)
- 2 tablespoons hot chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- Combine seasoning rub ingredients in a medium sized bowl, Apply to meat portion of ribs. Remember that what sticks to the meat is all that's needed! Grill, smoke, or bake according to directions.
- Make this rub ahead of time and store in an air tight container in the cupboard for 3-6 months. Check on it periodically to make sure that the brown sugar has not dried out. Give it a stir, seal tightly and return to the cupboard.
- Discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
Looking for more ideas? See my list of the best BBQ Pork Rib Rubs.