Hot n' Spicy Rib Rub
For those of you that love spicy food, this rub will add one heck of kick to barbecued ribs. It'll wake you up and keep you energized! This mixture is enough for 2-3 slabs of ribs. Adjust recipe accordingly to suit your tastes.
Servings: 2 Cups
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons cayenne (add more or else to suit tastes)
- 2 tablespoons hot chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- Combine rub ingredients in a medium sized bowl and apply to meat portion of ribs. Grill, smoke, or bake according to directions.
- Make this rub ahead of time and store in an air tight container in the cupboard for 3-6 months. Check on it periodically to make sure that the brown sugar has not dried out. Give it a stir, seal tightly and return to cupboard.
- Discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.