Indian Spiced Pork Chops
These amazingly delicious pork chops are marinated in a yogurt mixture filled with earthy, South Asian spices, grilled hot and fast, and topped with cilantro and chilies. Succulent, flavorful, and easy to prepare.Photo by: Sabrina Baksh/derrickriches.com
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- for marinade:
- 1/2 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- for garnish:
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- Place pork chops in a resealable plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients and pour over chops. Make sure they are well coated. Seal bag and place into refrigerator for 4-8 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat. Remove chops from bag and place onto grill. Carefully pour or brush any remaining marinade in the bag, on top of the chops. Discard bag. Cook pork chops for 16-20 minute, turning a few times during the cooking process. Once the chops reach an internal temperature of 150 degrees F., remove from grill.
- Let chops rest for a few minutes and garnish with cilantro and chopped chilies.
Things to think about with this recipe: What to serve with it: I recommend serving these chops with a freshly made pulao (a simple rice dish made with basmati rice), grilled potatoes and other vegetables. Substitutions for pork: You can substitute these pork chops with lamb chops or chicken breasts. Adjust cooking times accordingly. Lamb chops are well done at 145 degrees F., so a temperature between 130-135 degrees F., might work best for most people. Chicken must be cooked to 165 degrees F. Marinate for the same times listed above.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!