Rubbed with fantastic Indian-inspired spices, grilled hot and fast, and served up with a hit of lemon and chopped cilantro. This grilled Indian street corn is a delicious accompaniment to any cookout.
Indian Street Corn
Servings: 6 people
- 6-8 ears of corn husks and threads removed
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne use less if preferred
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Lime or lemon wedges garnish
- Preheat your grill for medium-high heat.
- Shuck corn and blot surface dry. Set onto a large baking dish
- Combine softened butter with, garam masala, cumin, coriander, black pepper, salt, and cayenne. Brush mixture liberally onto ears of corn.
- Place seasoned ears of corn on to the grill and cook for 7 minutes, turning them every few minutes; or until the outer surface has some nice charring.
- Once cooked, remove from grill and place corn on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with fresh lime or lemon juice and chopped cilantro.
Image and recipe development by Sabrina Baksh