Rubbed with fantastic Indian-inspired spices, grilled hot and fast, and served up with a hit of lemon and chopped cilantro. This grilled Indian street corn is a delicious accompaniment to any cookout.
Indian Street Corn
- 6-8 ears of corn husks and threads removed
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne use less if preferred
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Lime or lemon wedges garnish
- Preheat your grill for medium-high heat.
- Shuck corn and blot surface dry. Set onto a large baking dish
- Combine softened butter with, garam masala, cumin, coriander, black pepper, salt, and cayenne. Brush mixture liberally onto each ear of corn.
- Place seasoned corn on to the grill and cook for 7 minutes, turning them every few minutes; or until the outer surface has some nice charring.
- Once cooked, remove corn from grill and place into a large serving platter. Sprinkle with fresh squeezed lime or lemon juice, and chopped cilantro. You can even minced a little red onion and use that as garnish as well. Serve this corn dish with your favorite protein.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh