Jack Daniel's Barbecue Sauce
This is a fantastic silky barbecue sauce that works well on chicken and pork. So next time you grill up a nice rack of ribs or a chicken for a cookout, consider using this flavorful sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 green large onions (finely chopped, white parts separated)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco (or hot sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add white parts scallions and minced garlic. Cook over medium heat for exactly 45seconds, stirring often. Make sure garlic does not burn as this will make the sauce bitter. Add ketchup and beef broth. Let mixture simmer for 5-6 minutes on medium low heat; season with salt and black pepper. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Watch for burning. Reduce heat if necessary. Add butter and melt through until sauce takes on a silky look.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in Jack Daniel's Whiskey, 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, green portion of scallions (green onions) and chopped parsley. Let mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Place sauce into a blender, puree until well combined and the sauce is smooth. Use immediately as a baste or table sauce for grilled and smoked meats. Store sauce in an air tight container in the fridge for 1 week after preparation. Freeze sauce for up to 3 months.