Jamaican Jerk Marinade
Have a large batch of chicken, pork, seafood, or veggies to grill up? Consider using this perfectly spiced Jamaican Jerk marinade to help you flawlessly flavor your food.
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 5 whole scallions finely chopped (green onion)
- 1 chili pepper finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water add more if needed
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce optional
- Place all marinade ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Depending on the size of the blender, this process might need to be split into two batches.
- Use marinade right after blending. If making ahead of time, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I recommend making this the day before so that the flavors have time to combine.
- Marinade times: For chicken, marinate 2-4 hours. For pork marinate for 2-8 hours. Marinate vegetable and meat substitutes for 30-40 minutes. If using on fish and seafood, marinate no more than 30 minutes.
Photo by: bhofack2/Depositphotos