Jamaican Jerk Rub
I'm a huge fan of Jamaican Jerk. This rub will add loads of flavor to ribs, pork chops, roasts, chicken, vegetables, and meat substitutes. While this is meant to be a spicy rub, you can adjust the cayenne called for in this recipe to suit your taste buds.
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 teaspoon powdered allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Combine seasonings in bowl and apply evenly to meat, vegetables, or meat substitutes. Remember, what sticks to the surface is all that is needed. Cook as directed.
- Make a large batch and store in an air tight plastic container or covered glass jar in the cupboard for up to 6 months after preparation.
- As always, discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.