The Japanese Seven Spice Seasoning Rub is all about Umami. Giving this spice mixture a the deep meaty flavor. Use this rub to enhance that flavor profile. Add into that meatiness the combination of broad spicy flavors with orange zest. Making this unique rub perfect on so many meats and even vegetables. I recommend making this rub up in large batches and keeping it on hand.
Japanese Seven Spice Seasoning Rub
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried orange zest
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons umami powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon togarashi a spicy ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and apply to meats. Double or triple the recipe for later cooking projects. Simply combine and store rub in an airtight container or jar for up to 1 year after preparation. Do not store any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.