Korean barbecue is a combination of Asian flavors with deep heat and meaty goodness. This Korean spice rub has all those flavors. Particularly good on beef, this rub is perfect to have on hand for almost anything. You can find Gochugrau powder in Asian markets or online.
Korean Spice Rub
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon gochugaru Korean chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and apply to meats. Double or triple the recipe for future use or large amounts of meat. Simply combine and store rub in an airtight container or jar for up to 1 year after preparation. Do not store any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
You can buy Gochugaru Powder online or at an Asian Market.