- 430 square inches of primary cooking area with up to 1000 square inches total cooking space
- 180 to 480 degree F/82 to 250 degrees C temperature range
- Direct grill capability at temperatures up to 600 degrees F/315 degrees C
- 18-pound capacity rear mounted pellet hopper with quick empty trap door
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Precision control panel with temperature probe
- Powder coated steel and stainless steel construction
- Double layer stainless steel cooking chamber
- Made in the USA by Kuma Stoves
Full Review – Kuma Platinum SE Pellet Grill
Kuma has left the Pellet Grill market. The Kuma Platinum SE Pellet Grill is no longer available. Kuma promises to continue support for this product. If you have this grill and need parts or assistance, contact Kuma Stoves directly.
Kuma started in the wood stove business and introduced the Kuma Pellet Grill several years ago. It was overpriced and under powered. They have changed that. This $1,700USD pellet grill isn’t cheap, but it has direct grilling capability, a large cooking area, and power. It might not stand out from the competition, but it certainly holds its own.
The Kuma Platinum SE Pellet Grill can hit impressive temperature for a pellet grill and still deliver on low and slow smoking temperatures. The build quality is excellent and this U.S. made unit is certainly worth considering. It has a solid firepot design, stainless steel cooking grates and a straightforward design that is simple to operate and maintain.
While offering basic features for this price, there are a number of extras that can be added onto this pellet grill including Wi-Fi capabilities and an upper shelf. This is, however, the area where I find a problem with this unit. The Wi-Fi enabled controller adds $250USD to the total price tag. Basically, features that others offer included in their grills, are extras on this model. That is not to say that you shouldn’t take a look, just consider the features you want and add those to the total price.